Wednesday, October 15, 2008

tennis at York University


Have you ever been to the tennis club of York university? There are many superior tennis players who are waiting for you. In this session, the most exciting thing I did was to join the tennis club of York University. Actually, I like playing tennis very much, but I was not sure about whether I could join the tennis club of York University or not. One day, I went to the club and asked them about it. When they allowed me to join the club, I was very excited. When they talked about some things that I didn't understand, they were very patient and kind in explaining them to me again. Likewise, I’m not a York degree student; sometimes I can’t go to practice because I have to go to my own class. They allowed me to be absent for some practices. I appreciated that. We had a lot of fun. We always encouraged each other when we were in matches. I like to attend this club, and also this is a good chance to learn English. I learned some idioms and some oral skills from them. They often helped me to progress in many different ways. For example, when I went onto the court to play, I often segregated myself because I didn’t know how to talk with people. Somebody saw this situation; he told me to relax and not to be afraid. They tried to get in and understand my world. I felt very pleased when I talked to them about my hometown or my culture. They also play good tennis; I have never seen such superior players as them. We had a lot of fun with each other. When we completed our practice, they always told me funny things about their childhood. We shared good times with each other. Now, I’m not sure which university I will study in and where I would prefer to live, but if I study in York University in Canada, I will join the club until graduation. I have to say thanks to those club members because I have learned many things from them. I like this moment. I hope that more and more students will join the tennis club in future.

No comments: